Chicken and Mango Panini
Main Dish, Quick Fix
Child Friendly, Pre-preparable
Tired of ham sandwiches? Try this tasty twist on a beloved classic. The flavor of the mango makes a delicious addition; try it with different mango varieties!
- 1/2 Loaf, Italian Bread (8, ½-inch slices)
- 8 Slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves, whole
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Large Mango, peeled, pitted & sliced thin (Roughly 1 lb.)
- Chicken breasts, cooked and sliced thin (Roughly 1 lb.)
||Layer half of cheese on 4 slices of bread, divide basil, red onion, mango chicken and remaining cheese among bread slices. Top with second sliced of bread. |
||Heat grill pan, panini press or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place 2 sandwiches in pan (close lid or weight down sandwiches in skillet with heavy pot). Cook sandwiches until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. |
© 2014 National Mango Board. Recipe and photo used by permission of the National Mango Board. All rights reserved.