Chicken with Spiced Mango Rice
Formal Party, Valentines day
This looks amazing plated. The color and taste combination of the pistachios, mangos and cranberries will surely delight you. Serve alongside your favorite vegetable or a side salad.
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts ((flattened, if very thick))
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Pkg. Uncle Ben
- 2 Large Mangos, Ripe and slightly firm ((Peeled, pitted and diced))
- 1 Green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Pistachios ((No shell, roasted and salted))
- 3 tablespoons Dried cranberries
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Allspice
||Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Stir together rice, mango, onion, pistachios, cranberries and spices in a medium foil pan or on a very large piece of heavy duty foil. Place about 1/3 cup of rice mixture in the center of each chicken breast. Bring in the ends and sides to enclose, then tie with kitchen string to seal in filling. Grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side, then place chicken on top of remaining rice mixture. Cover with foil or seal foil package, leaving room for air to circulate. Grill for 5 minutes more. |
||If desired, slice chicken into medallions to serve. |
© 2014 National Mango Board. Recipe and photo used by permission of the National Mango Board. All rights reserved.